qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <Adelbout...@live.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proton 0.15.0 release?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 07:58:43 GMT
Hello Robbie,

We are currently trying to compile Proton 0.14.0 on Solaris using SunStudio compiler. 12.1
We are finding many bugs which we would like to report to the community in the form of patches.

However, we are not yet able to compile the code entirely.

So I was wondering if there are a lot of fundamental incompatible changes between 0.14.0 and
0.15.0 as I am afraid what we are currently doing will be in vain in case we have to restart
everything from scratch.

Regards,

Adel

________________________________
From: Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:32:54 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Proton 0.15.0 release?

Hi folks,

I'd like to propose doing a Proton 0.15.0 release fairly soon, say in
the next week.

Its been a couple of months since 0.14.0 branched. There have been
various fixes since its release that it would be good to get out, and
some at least don't necessarily fit a 0.14.x, so before any new
substiantial bits come along I think now could be a good time to prep
a 0.15.0 release. We can then aim furhter new bits for a 0.16.0 [and
beyond if needed] before the holidays.

Thoughts? Anything already on master that folks feel isn't ready?
Anything folks are working on they are desperate to get out sooner
than later, but wouldnt suit for addition later in a 0.15.x follow up?

Robbie