qpid-users mailing list archives

From James Birdsall <jb...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Shutting down proton-j reactor
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 00:42:49 GMT
Anyone? Are there any samples that I could look at, perhaps?

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: James Birdsall [mailto:jbird@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 11:55 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Shutting down proton-j reactor

What is the normal way of shutting down a reactor in proton-j? I'm trying to track down a
thread leak in a codebase that sets up a new reactor on its own thread every time a new connection
is opened. That part and the subsequent message traffic all work fine. But when the connection
is closed, the reactor thread does not terminate but remains in a loop, selecting merrily
away in isolation. Besides the selector for the socket, there is another selector passed to
the reactor. I couldn't find any code that shut down the second selector so I tried terminate()ing
it, but that had no visible effect.

If anyone can point out what our code should be doing, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--James