qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL server
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 16:12:13 GMT
On 27 October 2016 at 16:02, Artem <artem.fedorov@tut.by> wrote:
> Hi, Robbie!
>
> Is it really open  issue <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-421>
> and Proton-J support only ANONYMOUS SASL mechanism?

That JIRA is about Messenger specifically, one part of Proton, and I
believe that is still the case yes. The engine itself essentially
supports any SASL mechanism that should be implemented/interfaced with
it, but I dont believe 'Messenger-J' has ever had any form of auth
support. I wouldn't recommend you look at Messenger at this point
anyway. You can certainly do PLAIN with the reactor on the client
side, but I can't say I know if thats possible on the server side (if
you are still using that) as its not something I've really used.

> If Proton-J support PLAIN authentication  method how i can set  qpidd.conf
> and qpidd.sasldb
> <https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.30/cpp-broker/book/chap-Messaging_User_Guide-Security.html#sect-Messaging_User_Guide-User_Authentication-Configuring_SASL>
> with list of users?

The link you gave seems to cover that?