qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid client 1.35 arm v7
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 08:17:22 GMT
On 06/10/16 16:57, xavier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a curious behavior, with qpid messaging + qpid proton (I used the
> latest version from https://launchpad.net/~qpid/+archive/ubuntu/testing)
> (built for debian by my obs)  I use activemq (latest version 5.14) amqp 1.0.
> On my linux distribution (debian jessie) all works perfectly, connection,
> and all features (topics, queue, etc.)
>
> On my arm (v7) and the same linux distrib, I can not establish a connection
> with the broker.
>
> I set QPID_LOG_ENABLE="debug" and here is the log:
>
> [Messaging] debug Driver started
> [Messaging] debug tcp:X.X.X.X:5672 Connecting ...
> [Client] debug Set TCP_NODELAY
> [Messaging] debug tcp:X.X.X.X:5672 Connected
> [Messaging] debug wakeupDriver()
> [Messaging] debug tcp:X.X.X.X:5672 Waiting to be authenticated...
> [Protocol] debug tcp:X.X.X.X:5672 writing protocol header: 1-0
> [Protocol] debug tcp:X.X.X.X:5672 read protocol header: 1-0
> [Protocol] debug tcp:X.X.X.X:5672 Received SASL-MECHANISMS(PLAIN ANONYMOUS )
> [Security] debug CyrusSasl::start(PLAIN ANONYMOUS )
> [Security] debug min_ssf: 0, max_ssf: 256
> [System] debug Exception constructed: Can't authenticate using PLAIN
> ANONYMOUS

This looks like it is using cyrus-sasl, but for some reason can't use
the two mechanisms offered  by the broker.

Check that you have the libanonymous.so and/or libplain.so modules
installed. On fedora, the former comes from the cyrus-sasl-lib package
itself and the latter from cyrus-sasl-plain and both are installed under
/usr/lib64/sasl2.

If you have them, you could debug the cyrus sasl implementation further
with sasl2-sample-client and sasl2-sample-server (which in fedora come
in the  cyrus-sasl-devel package and is installed under /usr/bin.

As a workaround you could also try setting the connection option
'sasl_mechanisms' to 'NONE', which would bypass sasl altogether. That
probably isn't what you want (unless using ssl), but it would at least
let you verify that everything else is working.