qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid monitoring tool in GO
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 18:41:41 GMT
On Fri, 2016-10-28 at 17:05 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 28/10/16 16:56, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> >
> > If you go to godoc.org and search for AMQP there, you won't find
> > the
> > electron library anywhere near the top of the list.
>
> If you search for AMQP 1.0 you get nothing, so we should add that to
> the
> text somehow. That way at least those who know about different
> versions
> can more clearly separate their options.

Good point. We have a more general problem with "go get" and godoc.org
in that we don't have a good way to manage the relationship between the
published version of the go binding and the installed version of the C
library.

In the short term I will add a check so we fail on install if the
proton C version is wrong. In the long term I'm not sure what the best
solution is. Go 1.5 doesn't support C sources in Go packages anymore.
It still supports *using* a C library from Go but it has to be
installed some other way. Pure Go is tempting but a much more long term
project.

Cheers
Alan.