qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid monitoring tool in GO
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 15:56:02 GMT
On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 17:05 -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 10:16 -0700, rammohan ganapavarapu wrote:
> >
> > Alan,
> >
> > I was trying to use this one http://godoc.org/github.com/streadway/
> > am
> > qp

> > Second: The Go client is a wrapper for a C library, there may be a
> mismatch between the Go code and the proton-C library you have
> installed. I would suggest downloading the latest proton release from
>
>   http://qpid.apache.org/proton/
> approximately 200, but the
> and use the matching C and Go code from the release. We will figure
> out
> a better story for managing that relationship but we haven't yet :(
>
> Otherwise if you have to work with some specific (reasonably recent)
> older released version of proton I can help you get it working.
>
> Please let me know how you get on - like I said I'd like to add a
> generic request-response pattern to the electron package.

We have a problem here:

If you go to godoc.org and search for AMQP there, you won't find the
electron library anywhere near the top of the list. And indeed the
streadway/amqp library does come at the top even though it really only
supports RabbitMQ

It seems that the listing is via number of imports. streadway/amqp has
approximately 200, but the next entries have 8 and then 3. So In order
to get the electron library in the top 3 searches for AMQP we only need
to produce 4 other packages that import it (currently it has 0)!

I'm not seriously suggesting producing packages just for this purpose,
but it does suggest that we would only need a small number of actual
users in order make electron much more visible.

[Ironically the libraries that electron relies on AMQP and proton are
higher up the list because they themselves are imported by electron,
even though they are less suitable for general use!]

Andrew