qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid monitoring tool in GO
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 21:05:55 GMT
On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 10:16 -0700, rammohan ganapavarapu wrote:
> Alan,
>
> I was trying to use this one http://godoc.org/github.com/streadway/am
> qp
>
> but not sure if it will work with any qpid broker or not, i am
> getting
> "2016/10/27 04:09:48 Exception (501) Reason: "Exception (501) Reason:
> \"frame could not be parsed\"""

First, make sure your qpidd is built & configured to support AMQP 1.0.
The go client doesn't speak the older 0-10 version that qpidd also
uses, but qpidd has spoken AMQP 1.0 for a long time so that shouldn't
be a problem.

Second: The Go client is a wrapper for a C library, there may be a
mismatch between the Go code and the proton-C library you have
installed. I would suggest downloading the latest proton release from

  http://qpid.apache.org/proton/

and use the matching C and Go code from the release. We will figure out
a better story for managing that relationship but we haven't yet :(

Otherwise if you have to work with some specific (reasonably recent)
older released version of proton I can help you get it working.

Please let me know how you get on - like I said I'd like to add a
generic request-response pattern to the electron package.