qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid monitoring tool in GO
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 14:42:02 GMT
On Wed, 2016-10-26 at 21:05 -0700, rammohan ganapavarapu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write a qpid-stat tool in go, any one attempted to do
> it, if
> so can you please share your ideas? or if you have any documents on
> how to
> write please share.
>
> Thanks,
> Ram

For a Go client I recommend the qpid.apache.org/electron package which
is part of the Proton project.

https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/tree/master/examples/go

To work with the latest you should use the code from the proton repo
rather than the `go get` version as it is still progressing rapidly.

qpid-stat and the other qpid tools are based on the request-response
message pattern: send a correctly-formatted QMF request message with
correlation-id and then process the response message. There's a
"canned" request-response pattern in python at:

https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/master/proton-c/bindings/pyt
hon/proton/utils.py

QMF messages are maps, so your main work will be to construct and
interpret nested maps with the right names/values. Look at the qpid-
stat sources and the qmf schemas here:

/home/aconway/qpid-cpp/src/qpid/acl/management-schema.xml
/home/aconway/qpid-cpp/src/qpid/broker/management-schema.xml
/home/aconway/qpid-cpp/src/qpid/legacystore/management-schema.xml
/home/aconway/qpid-cpp/src/qpid/ha/management-schema.xml
/home/aconway/qpid-cpp/src/qpid/linearstore/management-schema.xml

You are probably mostly/only interested in the broker schema.

I am very interested in this as I worked on the Go binding and also on
schema-driven management tools (in python) for qpid-dispatch. I would
like to add a canned "request-response" pattern to the Go binding which
would make your job easier, but I won't get to that in the immediate
term so maybe you'll do it for me :) I'm happy to help with pointers
and any problems you find in the Go binding.

Cheers,
Alan.