qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andy Redhead <andy.redh...@oneadvanced.com>
Subject RE: Qpid Proton-J client heartbeat (for ActiveMQ Artemis Broker)
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:40:52 GMT
Hi,

Yes, it is the Messenger (should have stated that in my original email).

I'll take a look at Reactor (though I have been meaning to have a look at vertx).

Cheers, Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Robbie Gemmell [mailto:robbie.gemmell@gmail.com]
Sent: 15 September 2016 15:18
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Qpid Proton-J client heartbeat (for ActiveMQ Artemis Broker)

I'm guesing when you say proton-j that you mean Messenger specifically?

The proton-j engine has support for AMQP heartbeating/idle-timeout (with Artemis using that),
and the Proton-J Reactor bits look to utilize that support (so it should send them automatically
if needed), but from grep of the code it doesn't seem like Messenger does so it won't be able
to send heartbeats to satisfy the brokers idle-timeout, you would have to generate traffic
yourself as you described.

I'd suggest you look at either using the Reactor, or the Qpid JMS client, or another use of
the engine such as https://github.com/vert-x3/vertx-proton
.

Robbie

On 15 September 2016 at 12:59, Andy Redhead <andy.redhead@oneadvanced.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> client-failure-check-period incorrectly. Please check user manual for
> more information. The connection will now be closed. [code=CONNECTION_TIMEDOUT]”
>

> I think I can work around this by making my clients send “heartbeat”
> messages on a regular basis, however if there is some kind of AMQP
> heartbeat capability in the Proton-J client I’d rather use that.
>

> Does Proton-J have the ability to send whatever an AMQP broker expects
> to receive as a heartbeat? If so, how do I set it up?
>

> Thanks, Andy
>

> [image: cid:image012.png@01D17AF7.D972DF70]
> <http://www.oneadvanced.com/>
>
> *Andy Redhead*
> Principal Consultant > Solutions > Advanced
> *________________________*
>
> *Advanced*
> 230 City Road, London, EC1V 2TT
> t: 020 7880 8888 > m: 0781 392 5246
>
> www.oneadvanced.com
>
> [image: cid:image018.png@01D17AF7.D972DF70]
> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/2426258>[image:
> cid:image019.png@01D17AF7.D972DF70]
> <https://twitter.com/Going_Advanced>
>
> *>*
> * A Sunday Times Top Track 250 Company 2015 **>** Ranked in UK's 50
> fastest growing technology companies 2014*
>

> ***** Email confidentiality *****
>
> This message is private and confidential. If you have received this
> message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The
> dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or related
> files, by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

> not necessarily represent those of Advanced 365 Limited.
>

> ***** Email monitoring *****
>
> Advanced 365 Limited may monitor email traffic data and also the
> content of email for the purposes of security and staff training.
>

> ***** Email security *****
>
> In keeping with good computing practice, the recipient of this email
> should ensure that it is virus-free. Advanced 365 Limited does not
> accept responsibility for any virus that may be transferred by way of this email.
>

> Email may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and/or
> unauthorised amendment. Advanced 365 Limited does not accept liability
> for any such corruption, interception or amendment or any consequences thereof.
>

> This email has been scanned for viruses by the Symantec Email
> Security.cloud service.
>

> Advanced 365 Limited, part of the Advanced Computer Software Group
>
> Registered office: Ditton Park, Riding Court Road, Datchet, Berkshire,
> SL3 9LL, UK
>
> Registered in England under number 2124540

> Please consider the environment: Think before you print!

***** Email confidentiality *****

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please
notify us and remove it from your system. The dissemination, copying or distribution of this
message, or related files, by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent