qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.11.1
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 16:45:12 GMT
On 30 September 2016 at 16:24, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.11.1 Qpid JMS client release, please
> test it and vote accordingly.
>
> There are a few small changes included:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12338292
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.11.1-rc1/
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1086
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>

> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1086</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.11.1</version>
>   </dependency>

Adding my +1.

I tried things out as follows:
 - Verified the signatures and checksums.
 - Checked the LICENCE+NOTICE files present.
 - Used mvn apache-rat:check to check the licence headers.
 - Ran the build and tests from the source archive, all passed.
 - Used the staging repo with build/run the examples from the bin
archive against Qpid C++ broker master.
 - Used the staging repo to run the ActiveMQ 5 master build and AMQP
tests which use the client.

Robbie