qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Flores, Paul A." <PAUL.A.FLO...@SAIC.COM>
Subject Questions: Next Receiver Functionality
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 16:52:18 GMT
Hi,

Working at a client site and have run into an interesting question.

The current implementation plan is to use a unique "reply to" address (queue) to handle synchronous
request reply. At this point we have a local broker so we have a single connection with a
single session.

We are also planning to use the "next_receiver" functionality so we can "loop" through various
queues to dispatch message contents to related processes.

Questions are:

Could "next_receiver" conceivably end up reading from a unique "reply to" queue?

If so does that mean we should use a different session (senders and receivers) for synchronous
processing?

Thanks for comments and insights.

Paul

This communication (including any attachments) may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note
that further dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Anyone who received this message in error should notify the sender immediately
by telephone or by return email and delete it from his or her computer.