qpid-users mailing list archives

From Volker Diels-Grabsch...@njh.eu>
Subject Re: Python support for AMQP 1.0?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 08:29:22 GMT
Gordon Sim schrieb:
> On 31/08/16 18:26, Volker Diels-Grabsch wrote:
> > In other words, how is a Python program meant to communicate with an
> > AMQP 1.0 server?
[...]
> Use the proton library for python. There is an overview, a tutorial, some
> examples and an API reference of sorts:
> https://qpid.apache.org/proton/index.html. Feel free also to ask questions
> on this list.

Thanks for the quick reply!

So I have to switch from a pure-Python implementation to a C library
with Python wrapper.  This is inconvenient for deployment, but not a
show stopper for me.

I compiled qpid-proton on my own, where some questions arose:

1) Is it possible to build just the Python part? (plus C library, of course)

2) If not, is there at least a way to build just proton-c without proton-j?

3) Is it possible to link the _cproton.so wrapper and the libqpid-proton.so
   library into a single *.so file?

   (Rather than having _cproton.so depending on libqpid-proton.so
    which has to be installed system wide or needs LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    magic.)

Regards,
Volker

--