qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Benchmarking Guidance
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 17:31:06 GMT
Is this the qpid C++ broker or the Java broker? What version?

The usual 'insanely low performance' numbers come from using no prefetch and
durable message store.

The C++ source has a perf-test suite ready to go. Take a peek there and see
how they did it.

>From the qpid-cpp repository running the C++ qpidd broker on my
ThinkPad W541 laptop just now:

=====
/home/user/qpid-cpp/build/src/tests> ./qpid-perftest
Processing 1 messages from qpid-perftest_sub_ready . done.
Sending start 1 times to qpid-perftest_pub_start
Processing 1 messages from qpid-perftest_pub_done . done.
Processing 1 messages from qpid-perftest_sub_done . done.

Total 1000000 transfers of 1024 bytes in 12.538 seconds.

Publish transfers/sec:
40625.3
Average: 40625.3

Subscribe transfers/sec: