qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ken Giusti <kgiu...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Python support for AMQP 1.0?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 12:27:00 GMT
Hi Volker,

I would recommend you use the python-qpid-proton package available at the pypi repository:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-qpid-proton/0.14.0

The package setup script will automagically check to see if the proton-c library has been
installed and will use it if available.  Otherwise the setup script will pull down the necessary
C files from apache.org and build and install them to your site-packages dir.

This will avoid downloading the whole proton distribution and building everything - only the
C stuff necessary for the python binding is built.

Having said that - you'll need to have the proper build tools and libraries installed in order
for this build to succeed.  At a minimum you'll need SWIG, the python development libraries
installed and the dev packages for whatever libs you need for proton-c (like OpenSSL or Cyrus
SASL)

One caveat: this build script only works on linux-based systems.  It should work on other
unix-y systems but hasn't seen much testing there.  And windows is a no-go at this point.
 Of course, patches to support other platforms would be gladly accepted :)

-K