qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: SASL configuration from a string?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:00:29 GMT
I think that Gordon answered these well, I'll add:

On Mon, 2016-09-12 at 16:43 -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
> Or am I barking up the wrong tree and SASL is just not intended to be
> usable in non-filesystem environments?

It's not that SASL itself is unusable in non filesystem environments,
just that the implemenation we use Cyrus SASL only really runs under
Unix like environments and has all the assumptions that implies.

There is only one other implementation I'm aware of (gnu sasl) and that
works much more the way you would expect, but it only handles the SASL
protocol and requires its user to do all authentication. So using it
becomes a very large implementation task.

The default (non Cyrus SASL) implementation does not require anything
external at all.

Andrew