qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Is it normal to have to turn SASL off to get qpid-config and qpid-stat to work with SSL?
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 08:45:04 GMT
On 13/08/16 03:35, Jeff Donner wrote:
> #####################################################
> # Without SSL:

[...]

> -- something's wrong with my SASL setup I feel sure, it's just whiffing at authenticating.
I moved the sasldb from its original, qpid-specific location to the system's db (reflected
in all cases above), but that made no difference. If you have a domain associated with a username
(jgd), you need to specify it for administrative actions which the qpid-config tool URL doesn't
give you a way to do, but it looks like qpid-config is filling in the right value (QPID) anyway.

Can the qpidd process read the database? E.g. does running qpidd as root
(just temporarily) resolve the issue?

> I tried making the username be: jgd@QPID and jgd/QPID to compensate for the lack of domain,
but, those failed too:

It shouldn't need that.