qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Performance] Benchmarking Qpid dispatch router 0.6.0 with Qpid Java Broker 6.0.0
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 19:41:54 GMT
On 02/08/16 20:25, Adel Boutros wrote:
> How about the tests we did with consumer/producers connected directly to the dispatcher
without any broker where we had 16 000 msg/s with 4 producers. Is it also a very low value
given that there is no persistence or storing here? It was also synchronous sending.

The rate is low because it is synchronous. One messages is sent to the
consumer who acknowledges it, the acknowledgement is then conveyed back
to the sender who then can send the next message.

The rate for a single producer through the router was 6,000 per second.
That works out as a roundtrip time of 167 microsecs or so. In your
table, the 16,000 rate was listed as being for 3 producers. Based on the
rate of a single producer, the best you could hope for there is 3 *
6,000 i.e 18,000. (How many worker threads did you have on the router
for that case?)