qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [qpdi-dispatch 0.6.0] No delivery settled or accepted when using proton-c 0.12.2
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 08:37:37 GMT
On 17/08/16 08:18, Adel Boutros wrote:
> One more question:
> What is the equivalent in proton-c to JMS synchronous sending (MessageProducer.send())?
> *  Is it on_sendable + on_delivery_accept?
> *  Or on_sendable + on_delivery_accept + on_delivery_settle?

In AMQP settled means the delivery is complete. In addition to that flag
there is an 'outcome' that can be applied to the delivery, usually one
of accepted, released (or modified), rejected.

Usually[1] the outcome is specified by the receiving peer at the same
time the delivery is settled. The outcome may not always be accepted though.

You could either handle just on_delivery_settle, and at that point check
the outcome of the delivery. Or you could handle on_delivery_accept,
on_delivery_reject etc.

--
[1] I.e. when the receiver settles first, which is the case for
at-least-once.