qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: SSL not working with EXTERNAL mechanism
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 08:30:47 GMT
On 17/08/16 07:21, eric73 wrote:
> If I want SSL with a login and a password encrypted for access, I understand
> that it is not possible with EXTERNAL option with QPID broker

Just to clarify, EXTERNAL *is* supported on linux, just not yet on windows.

> but is it possible with PLAIN option ?

Yes, you can use PLAIN over SSL and the password will not be sent in the
clear over the network due to SSL encryption.

> If yes, are the following option correct:
> --connection-options "transport:ssl,login:myLogin,password:myPassword}"

It is 'username' rather than 'login'.

> Second question, if the broker is not QPID but activeMQ broker on Windows,
> is it possible to use EXTERNAL access with client ?

You should probably confirm that on the ActiveMQ list, but I don't
*believe* it supports EXTERNAL as a mechanism with AMQP either: "the
broker accepts plain SASL authentication"[1].

The Qpid Java broker does support EXTERNAL[2] and though I haven't ever
tried it on windows, as it is Java I doubt that would make any difference.

--
[1] http://activemq.apache.org/amqp.html
[2]