qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: DISPATCH: Behavior on delivery failures
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 09:45:49 GMT
On 10/08/16 23:19, Day, Jem wrote:
> We’re running a dispatch-router cluster with mobile endpoints attached, the same endpoint
address may be registered on multiple DR [Dispatch Router] nodes. We seem to be seeing situations
where a message enters a particular DR but never gets delivered, this appears to occur when
the associated ‘link’ goes down for some reason.

> Q: If a message travels across a network of DR nodes and when it reaches the DR of ‘egress’
the link of interest has died will the DR…

> - Attempt re-delivery by re-routing the message within the DR network
> - Reject the message back to the producer with a disposition of ‘rejected’
> - Reject the message back to the producer with a disposition of ‘modified’

Messages that can't be delivered are released with a modified outcome.