qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <adelbout...@live.com>
Subject RE: [Performance] Benchmarking Qpid dispatch router 0.6.0 with Qpid Java Broker 6.0.0
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 16:38:12 GMT
Hello Ulf,

I am sending messages with a byte array of 100 bytes and I am using Berkley DB as a message
store (which should be slower than having memory only message store, no?)

With 1 consumer, 1 producer and no broker, I am at 33k msgs/sec if they are all on the same
machine and I have set "jms.forceAsyncSend=true" on the producer and "jms.sendAcksAsync=true"
for the consumer.

Are you using other options to get 190k? Do you think JMS might be a bottleneck? Or something
else in my config/test?

JMS client 0.9.0
Qpid Java Broker 6.0.1
Dispatcher 0.6.0

Adel

> Subject: Re: [Performance] Benchmarking Qpid dispatch router 0.6.0 with Qpid Java Broker
6.0.0
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> From: lulf@redhat.com
> Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 16:23:06 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> Excuse me if this was already mentioned somewhere, but what is the size
> of the messages you are sending 	?
>
> FWIW, I'm able to get around 30-40k msgs/sec sustained with 1 producer,
> 1 consumer, 1 dispatch (4 worker threads) and 1 broker (activemq-5). The
> sender sends unsettled messages as fast as it can using qpid-proton
> reactor API which is sending async up to the window limit.
>
> With no broker involved, I'm getting ~190k msgs/sec.
>
> All of these numbers are from my 8 core laptop. Message size is 128 bytes.
>
> I don't know the dispatcher that well, but I think it should be able to
> handle data from each connector just fine given the numbers I have seen.
>
> On 08/03/2016 02:41 PM, Adel Boutros wrote:
> >

> > Hello again,
> >

> > As requested, I added a 2nd connector and the appropriate autoLinks on the same
host/port but with a different name. It seems to have resolved the issue.

> > 1 Broker, 1 Dispatcher, 3 producers, 0 consumers, 1 connectors --> 5000 msg/s.
> > 1 Broker, 1 Dispatcher, 3 producers, 0 consumers, 2 connectors --> 6600 msg/s.
> > 1 Broker, 1 Dispatcher, 4 producers, 0 consumers, 2 connectors --> 7700 msg/s.
> >
> > I think this confirms the problem is due to the fact a single connection is being
shared by all clients (consumers/producers) and that having a sort of pool of connections
or a connection per workerThread is a solution to consider.

> > What do you think?
> >
> > I added a 3rd connector to see if it changes anything but it
> > didn't.  Do you think this is maybe because the dispatcher is not able
> > to process fast enough and saturate the 2 connectors?
> > 1 Broker, 1 Dispatcher, 4 producers, 0 consumers, 3 connectors --> 7700 msg/s.
> >

> > Adel
> >
> >> From: adelboutros@live.com
> >> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> >> Subject: RE: [Performance] Benchmarking Qpid dispatch router 0.6.0 with Qpid
Java Broker 6.0.0
> >> Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 22:21:54 +0200
> >>
> >> Sorry for the typo. Indeed, it was with 3 producers. I used 4 and 8 workerThread
but there wasn't a difference.
> >> We want to benchmark in the worst case scenarios actually to see what is the
minimum we can guarantee. This is why we are using synchronous sending. In the future, we
will also benchmark with full SSL/SASL to see what impact it has on the performance.
Qpid Java Broker 6.0.0

to the dispatcher without any broker where we had 16 000 msg/s with 4 producers. Is it also
a very low value given that there is no persistence or storing here? It was also synchronous
sending.