qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <adelbout...@live.com>
Subject RE: [Qpid dispatch router] Do we need a broker to send/receive messages?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 17:41:51 GMT

The process was actually hanging on the send call.
JMS CodeJmsConnectionFactory jmsConnectionFactory = new JmsConnectionFactory("amqp://MACHINE_NAME:10254");Connection
connection = jmsConnectionFactory.createConnection();try {    Session session = connection.createSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);    Queue perfQueue = session.createQueue("perf.topic");    Topic
topic = session.createTopic("perf.topic");    MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(topic);
   MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(perfQueue);    connection.start();
 producer.send(session.createTextMessage("Hello"));    Message receive = consumer.receive(3000);
   assertThat(((TextMessage) receive).getText()).isEqualTo("Hello");} finally {    connection.close();}Dispatcher
configrouter {    id: router.10254    mode: interior    worker-threads: 8}address {   prefix:
perf.topic
   waypoint: false
   distribution: balanced
}listener {    host: 0.0.0.0    port: 10254    role: standalone    saslMechanisms: ANONYMOUS
   requireSsl: no    authenticatePeer: no}Adel
> Subject: Re: [Qpid dispatch router] Do we need a broker to send/receive messages?
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> From: tross@redhat.com
> Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 09:05:44 -0400
>

> On 08/02/2016 05:02 AM, Adel Boutros wrote:
> > Hello again,
> >
> > If the address is configured with "balanced", I am unable to exchange messages.
When using "multicast" it worked.
> > Is this expected?
>
> No, both distributions work, albeit with different behavior when there
> are multiple consumers.
>
> When you have direct consumers attached to the router, the address
> appears in the list from "qdstat -a".  What does your setup look like?
>
> -Ted
>

> > Regards,
> > Adel
> >
> >> From: adelboutros@live.com
> >> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> >> Subject: RE: [Qpid dispatch router] Do we need a broker to send/receive messages?
> >> Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 16:51:50 +0200
> >>
> >> Thank you Ted and Paolo,
> >> Actually I tried to have only a publisher connected and it was hanging. Now
I understand why: It is because I need a consumer connected to get credits.
> >> Regards,Adel

on the dispatch router or do I need to have a real instance of a broker connected to that
dispatcher?

some "Addresses" used for internal communication and I was wondering if I could create an
"address" of a type queue and use it directly without adding connectors.

 cntnr  in  out  thru  to-proc  from-proc
   0      0   0    0     0        0
   0      0   0    0     0        0
   0      3   0    0     3        0
   0      0   0    0     0        0