qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <adelbout...@live.com>
Subject RE: [Qpid dispatch router] Do we need a broker to send/receive messages?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 09:02:40 GMT
Hello again,

If the address is configured with "balanced", I am unable to exchange messages. When using
"multicast" it worked.
Is this expected?

Regards,
Adel

> From: adelboutros@live.com
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [Qpid dispatch router] Do we need a broker to send/receive messages?
> Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 16:51:50 +0200
>
> Thank you Ted and Paolo,
> Actually I tried to have only a publisher connected and it was hanging. Now I understand
why: It is because I need a consumer connected to get credits.
> Regards,Adel
>
> > Subject: Re: [Qpid dispatch router] Do we need a broker to send/receive messages?
> > To: users@qpid.apache.org
> > From: tross@redhat.com
> > Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:47:43 -0400
> >

> > On 07/28/2016 10:17 AM, Adel Boutros wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Out of curiosity, Can I send/receive messages with a queue defined directly
on the dispatch router or do I need to have a real instance of a broker connected to that
dispatcher?

> > Like Paolo said, you only need a broker if you want to store the message
> > in a queue.
> >
> > You can use the router(s) to communicate directly by having the senders
> > and receivers use the same address.  In this case, the exchange of
> > messages (acknowledgement, settlement, etc.) are routed directly between
> > the senders and the receivers.
> >
> > To do this, you don't need a route-container connection and you don't
> > need auto-links or link-routes.  You only need to configure the address
> > prefix to control whether the deliveries are multicast (all receivers
> > for the address) or anycast (one receiver for the address).  Addresses
> > that don't match any configured prefix default to balanced-anycast.
> >
> > You can use a hybrid approach as well, with some addresses defined as
> > "waypoint" with autolinks and other addresses that are not "waypoint"
> > that are used for direct producer-to-consumer communication.
> >

> > > I am asking because it seems that the dispatch router has by default some "Addresses"
used for internal communication and I was wondering if I could create an "address" of a type
queue and use it directly without adding connectors.

> > > Router Addresses
> > >   class   addr                   phs  distrib  in-proc  local  remote  cntnr
 in  out  thru  to-proc  from-proc