qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <adelbout...@live.com>
Subject RE: [Performance] Benchmarking Qpid dispatch router 0.6.0 with Qpid Java Broker 6.0.0
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 12:41:49 GMT

Hello again,

As requested, I added a 2nd connector and the appropriate autoLinks on the same host/port
but with a different name. It seems to have resolved the issue.

1 Broker, 1 Dispatcher, 3 producers, 0 consumers, 1 connectors --> 5000 msg/s.
1 Broker, 1 Dispatcher, 3 producers, 0 consumers, 2 connectors --> 6600 msg/s.
1 Broker, 1 Dispatcher, 4 producers, 0 consumers, 2 connectors --> 7700 msg/s.

I think this confirms the problem is due to the fact a single connection is being shared by
all clients (consumers/producers) and that having a sort of pool of connections or a connection
per workerThread is a solution to consider.

What do you think?

I added a 3rd connector to see if it changes anything but it
didn't.  Do you think this is maybe because the dispatcher is not able
to process fast enough and saturate the 2 connectors?
1 Broker, 1 Dispatcher, 4 producers, 0 consumers, 3 connectors --> 7700 msg/s.

Adel

> From: adelboutros@live.com
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [Performance] Benchmarking Qpid dispatch router 0.6.0 with Qpid Java Broker
6.0.0
> Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 22:21:54 +0200
>
> Sorry for the typo. Indeed, it was with 3 producers. I used 4 and 8 workerThread but
there wasn't a difference.
> We want to benchmark in the worst case scenarios actually to see what is the minimum
we can guarantee. This is why we are using synchronous sending. In the future, we will also
benchmark with full SSL/SASL to see what impact it has on the performance.
> > Subject: Re: [Performance] Benchmarking Qpid dispatch router 0.6.0 with Qpid Java
Broker 6.0.0
> > To: users@qpid.apache.org
> > From: gsim@redhat.com
> > Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 20:41:54 +0100
> >
> > On 02/08/16 20:25, Adel Boutros wrote:
> > > How about the tests we did with consumer/producers connected directly to the
dispatcher without any broker where we had 16 000 msg/s with 4 producers. Is it also a very
low value given that there is no persistence or storing here? It was also synchronous sending.