qpid-users mailing list archives

From Justin Ross <justin.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: released outcome
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 16:43:16 GMT
On Aug 29, 2016 06:31, "Matt Broadstone" <mbroadst@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Justin Ross <justin.ross@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Unless I've misunderstood the defect, this one will have to wait.  The
RC

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65146133
> > -
> > Search for change acceptance criteria
> >

> That's unfortunate. Do you have a timeline for the next release? If the
> last 3 releases are any indicator the cycle tends to be around a year,
> which means I need to maintain another private build of qpid on my PPA.

If you look, you'll see that it's only the last span that has been a little
over a year.  Before that we produced releases three times a year for
several years.

I don't have a specific plan, but we could do a short term 1.35.1.

Do you consider it abnormal to carry a patch with an OS package? I do not.
I don't understand how it requires a "private build".

> If I was going to get picky on the subject then: I reported this bug with
> potential fix around 3pm the day you announced the RC at 7pm, meaning it
> was all technically mentioned and solved while the code was still in beta,
> in which case a bugfix would have been an acceptable change :)

Did you request it for the release, or ask for a delay?  I'm sorry if I
missed your request.  Mentioning a bug or posting a patch for a bug is not
sufficient by itself.

If you think the process is unclear, I will do my best to improve the
documentation.

> But to be more serious about it, this bug shows that the LVQ in qpid is
> broken imo . So I guess at very least you should update your documents to
> reflect this problem.

We can add a release note.  Please add a comment to QPID-7353 with a
pointer to the Jira.