qpid-users mailing list archives

From Matt Broadstone <mbroa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: released outcome
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 13:30:43 GMT
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Justin Ross <justin.ross@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unless I've misunderstood the defect, this one will have to wait.  The RC
> is under vote, and it doesn't appear to be a regression or a vulnerability.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65146133
> -
> Search for change acceptance criteria

That's unfortunate. Do you have a timeline for the next release? If the
last 3 releases are any indicator the cycle tends to be around a year,
which means I need to maintain another private build of qpid on my PPA.

If I was going to get picky on the subject then: I reported this bug with a
potential fix around 3pm the day you announced the RC at 7pm, meaning it
was all technically mentioned and solved while the code was still in beta,
in which case a bugfix would have been an acceptable change :)

But to be more serious about it, this bug shows that the LVQ in qpid is
broken imo . So I guess at very least you should update your documents to
reflect this problem.

Regards,
Matt