qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ramayan Tiwari <ramayan.tiw...@gmail.com>
Subject Removal of JMX management channel
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 00:05:35 GMT
Hi all,

We (at Salesforce) are currently using Qpid java 0.32 broker and in the
process of moving to 6.0.4. We rely heavily on JMX to perform various kind
of broker monitoring and management.

There is no mention of JMX Management in the documentation of broker 6.0.4
[1]. The documentation of 6.0.0 has the following:

"*Important *
For new development work, the reader is directed towards the strategic Web
Management Console and the REST API. Use the Web/REST interfaces in
preference to JMX whenever possible. The JMX interface will be withdrawn in
a future release."

Our understanding was that JMX support will be deprecated and not
withdrawn, and we would very much prefer that way. It will require a huge
amount of work for us to move completely out of JMX. If it is going away,
could you let us know the timeline on this?

Thanks
Ramayan

[1].
https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.0.4/java-broker/book/Java-Broker-Management-Channel.html