qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting flow to disk in Java broker
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:54:17 GMT
Hi Ram,

yes - unfortunately the generic code we use for configuration parsing
doesn't have a way of understanding things like MB/GB ... nor does it allow
arithmetic operations.  In practice I'd hope this particular value is only
changed by people who have done extensive testing and are very comfortable
with the value they have set.  We chose 40% of direct memory after a great
deal of testing to ensure that flow to disk is activated prior to any
issues in running out of direct memory.

-- Rob