qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Performance] Benchmarking Qpid dispatch router 0.6.0 with Qpid Java Broker 6.0.0
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 19:31:08 GMT
On 2 August 2016 at 21:21, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/08/16 20:18, Ted Ross wrote:
>
>> Since this is synchronous and durable, I would expect the store to be
>> the bottleneck in these cases and that for rates of ~7.5K, the router
>> shouldn't be a factor.
>>

> I don't know anything about the java broker internals, but when going
> through a router the messages will all be sent down one connection. The
> broker will probably then process these serially. That _may_ have a lower
> limit than writing to the store from multiple threads in parallel.

Just to confirm that synchronously sending messages in a single session on
a connection is pretty much the slowest possible way to do things with the
Java Broker.  Using multiple connections will speed things up as
writes/syncs to disk will be coalesced.  On earlier protocols even
splitting across multiple sessions will show improvement - I can't remember
off the top of my head whether that is implemented in the 1-0 protocol
layer or not.  If it isn't I'll make sure it is fixed for the next version.

-- Rob