qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Day, Jem" <j...@paypal.com.INVALID>
Subject Proton-J : SSL Configuration
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 23:22:32 GMT

As a result of the way our credentials are managed internally we’d like to extend proton-j
to enable different mechanisms of SSL configuration and would be interested in opinions/feedback
before we embark on the PR process.

The ask from our Application Security team is that we extend the driver such that we can inject/provide
an SSLContext directly; currently SSL configuration is achieved via the SslDomain interface
so one route would be to simply extend that to allow such a context to be set and then tweak
the existing implementation accordingly, refactoring SslDomain seems cleaner from a s/w design
perspective but the contract between the SslDomain interface and the rest of Proton is a bit
muddy to me.

Thoughts, opinions, and suggestions sought.

Thanks

—
Jem