qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Qpid dispatch router] Do we need a broker to send/receive messages?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 13:05:44 GMT

On 08/02/2016 05:02 AM, Adel Boutros wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> If the address is configured with "balanced", I am unable to exchange messages. When
using "multicast" it worked.
> Is this expected?

No, both distributions work, albeit with different behavior when there
are multiple consumers.

When you have direct consumers attached to the router, the address
appears in the list from "qdstat -a".  What does your setup look like?

-Ted

> Regards,
> Adel
>
>> From: adelboutros@live.com
>> To: users@qpid.apache.org
>> Subject: RE: [Qpid dispatch router] Do we need a broker to send/receive messages?
>> Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 16:51:50 +0200
>>
>> Thank you Ted and Paolo,
>> Actually I tried to have only a publisher connected and it was hanging. Now I understand
why: It is because I need a consumer connected to get credits.
>> Regards,Adel
>>
>>> Subject: Re: [Qpid dispatch router] Do we need a broker to send/receive messages?
>>> To: users@qpid.apache.org
>>> From: tross@redhat.com
>>> Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:47:43 -0400

on the dispatch router or do I need to have a real instance of a broker connected to that
dispatcher?

>>> Like Paolo said, you only need a broker if you want to store the message
>>> in a queue.
>>>
>>> You can use the router(s) to communicate directly by having the senders
>>> and receivers use the same address.  In this case, the exchange of
>>> messages (acknowledgement, settlement, etc.) are routed directly between
>>> the senders and the receivers.
>>>
>>> To do this, you don't need a route-container connection and you don't
>>> need auto-links or link-routes.  You only need to configure the address
>>> prefix to control whether the deliveries are multicast (all receivers
>>> for the address) or anycast (one receiver for the address).  Addresses
>>> that don't match any configured prefix default to balanced-anycast.
>>>
>>> You can use a hybrid approach as well, with some addresses defined as
>>> "waypoint" with autolinks and other addresses that are not "waypoint"
>>> that are used for direct producer-to-consumer communication.

"Addresses" used for internal communication and I was wondering if I could create an "address"
of a type queue and use it directly without adding connectors.

 in  out  thru  to-proc  from-proc