qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid C++ 1.35.0
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 17:31:19 GMT
+1

with some reluctance. I had a hard time getting the self tests to pass.
Using the same build with Proton 0.14 on Linux 4.6.7-200.fc23.x86_64.

* Running from home office with VPN and kerberos 'make test' would run
  for hours and fail randomly. Several tests time out at 1500 seconds
* Disabling VPN produces better results with only python_tests failing
  (for reasons unknown).
* Running from the work office with a hard wired gigabit ethernet has
  repeated 100% pass.

The test failures are probably related to "SASL library generates unnecessary
DNS and LDAP requests" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-244
That said, I'd like to understand when the test failures are a real issue
and when they are "my configuration's fault".