qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID C++ Broker and QPID Proton C++ Example interoperability problem
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 09:32:07 GMT
On 24/08/16 01:54, John McLaughlin wrote:
> QPID/AMPQ noob here, but I could use some help.
>
> I git-cloned the latest repos for qpid-cpp and qpid-proton.  For each, I
> successfully built and "sudo installed" with CMake/Make using default
> configs.
>
> As a test, I wanted to run qpidd and an example client & server from each
> repo (cpp & proton).
>
> The qpid-cpp broker (qpidd) seemed to work fine with the qpid-cpp examples
> server & client.
>
> However, when I tried to use the qpid-proton example server I had the
> following results:
>
> 1. Running qpidd with a default qpidd.conf and then trying to execute
> qpid-proton/bld/examples/cpp/server I get the following:
> $ ./server
> server connected to amqp://0.0.0.0:5672/examples
> *amqp:connection:framing-error: AMQP header mismatch: Pre standard AMQP
> connection ['AMQP\x01\x01\x00\x0a']*
>
> so I seemed to recall reading somewhere that AMPQ 1.0 was not enabled by
> default in qpidd (which seems odd to me), so I added "protocols=amqp1.0" to
> my qpidd.conf and restarted the daemon.

The protocols option limits the available protocols offered. It doesn't
add them. As Adel points out, to have amqp 1.0 enabled, you need to have
the amqp.so module built (it depends on proton) and loaded (using
--module-dir or --load-module, or by having the module in the default
modules directory).

qpidd --help should show you the default module directory location and
you can check there whether amqp.so is available. If not, most likely
your broker was built without proton being installed. At present it is
treated as an optional dependency unless you set -Damqp_force=true (in
which case you'll get an error if proton can't be found).

We should probably start considering switching that round, so that
proton is required by default but if you don't want 1.0 you can
explicitly disable it.