qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Day, Jem" <j...@paypal.com.INVALID>
Subject DISPATCH: Behavior on delivery failures
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2016 22:19:35 GMT
Hi,

We’re running a dispatch-router cluster with mobile endpoints attached, the same endpoint
address may be registered on multiple DR [Dispatch Router] nodes. We seem to be seeing situations
where a message enters a particular DR but never gets delivered, this appears to occur when
the associated ‘link’ goes down for some reason.

Q: If a message travels across a network of DR nodes and when it reaches the DR of ‘egress’
the link of interest has died will the DR…

- Attempt re-delivery by re-routing the message within the DR network
- Reject the message back to the producer with a disposition of ‘rejected’
- Reject the message back to the producer with a disposition of ‘modified’
- Other

My end goal is to understand the which dispositions might indicate a scenario whereby a re-send
might be appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

—
Jem