qpid-users mailing list archives

From Lorenz Quack <quack.lor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removal of JMX management channel
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 08:16:30 GMT
Hello Ramayan,

by common convention deprecated features eventually get removed
after a deprecation period.  I don't know exactly when JMX was
first deprecated but in 6.0.x we stepped up the deprecation level
by removing the documentation and the JMX ports from the default
configuration.  However, the actual code was not removed until
6.1.x.  So, if you must you can still use it in 6.0.4.

I let someone else comment on the strategic decision for its
removal.

Kind regards,
Lorenz