qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Day, Jem" <j...@paypal.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Proton-J : SSL Configuration
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 18:21:13 GMT
Robbie,

  Thanks for the feedback, we’ll work on that basis and open a JIRA as appropriate.

Jem..

PS: I’m still working on getting PROTON-1224 verified.

On 8/30/16, 7:27 AM, "Robbie Gemmell" <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:

    On 27 August 2016 at 00:22, Day, Jem <jday@paypal.com.invalid> wrote:

    > As a result of the way our credentials are managed internally we’d like to extend
proton-j to enable different mechanisms of SSL configuration and would be interested in opinions/feedback
before we embark on the PR process.

    > The ask from our Application Security team is that we extend the driver such that
we can inject/provide an SSLContext directly; currently SSL configuration is achieved via
the SslDomain interface so one route would be to simply extend that to allow such a context
to be set and then tweak the existing implementation accordingly, refactoring SslDomain seems
cleaner from a s/w design perspective but the contract between the SslDomain interface and
the rest of Proton is a bit muddy to me.

    > Thoughts, opinions, and suggestions sought.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > —
    > Jem

    Augmenting the SslDomain to allow providing a context and updating the
    implementation accordingly sounds reasonable to me.

    Robbie