qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Python support for AMQP 1.0?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 17:06:48 GMT
On 31/08/16 18:00, Volker Diels-Grabsch wrote:
> Dear Qpid developers,
>
> My Python program needs to receive messages from an AMQP 1.0 server.
>
> Which library or combination of libraries do I need?
>
> In other words, how is a Python program meant to communicate with an
> AMQP 1.0 server?
>
> My first attempt was qpid-python-1.35.0, where I get an error that
> only AMQP 0.10 is supported, not AMQP 1.0.  I'm confused, because I
> thought that Qpid-Proton is also written in Python, and that one
> supports AMQP 1.0.  Do I need the C++ or Java implementation of Qpid,
> and write a wrapper for Python?  Do I have to wait until Qpid-Python
> supports AMQP 1.0?
>
> What is the intended way?

Use the proton library for python. There is an overview, a tutorial,
some examples and an API reference of sorts:
https://qpid.apache.org/proton/index.html. Feel free also to ask
questions on this list.

This library is a python wrapper around a c library. You can build from
source, but there is also a version available from pypi.