qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Java Broker- 6.0.1] AMQP random errors when sending messages using Proton-c 0.12.2
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2016 15:48:54 GMT
On Wed, 2016-08-17 at 11:47 -0700, Adel Boutros wrote:
> Hello Alan,
>
> I implemented your idea using the "schedule" and it is working like a
> charm.
>
> Compared to closing the sender and re-opening it, it seems that the
> schedule
> is 3 times faster :)

*Excelllent*! Note that this approach is still "busy waiting" with the
proton thread waking up to check the in-memory queue even when there is
nothing there.

When you can upgrade to proton with thread-safe inject() you can wake
the thread exactly when needed.

If you want to get really fancy you can use AMQP flow-control to
throttle your application producing messages: see
examples/cpp/mt/mt_broker.cpp for an example.

Cheers,
Alan.