qpid-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Duckworth <tob...@duckworth.uk.com>
Subject qpid-proton 0.12.2 python broker and SSL
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 16:37:37 GMT
Hi,

Quick question:

Is it straightforward to run a python broker that can accept amqps (SSL/TLS)
connections in qpid-proton 0.12.2?

I've tried with the broker.py example, but get the following client side
error on trying to connect to it:

connection open: error: gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS packet with
unexpected length was received. in amqp.openconnection(url)

The specific error is probably coming from libcurl, which is handling the
socket and SSL/TLS, but I think the implication is that the python example
broker.py does not support secure connections out of the box?

Thanks,
Toby