qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Java Broker- 6.0.1] AMQP random errors when sending messages using Proton-c 0.12.2
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 19:07:42 GMT
On Fri, 2016-08-05 at 19:16 +0200, Adel Boutros wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Proton-c C++ sender which sends messages using the container
> API. For each message to send, I open a new container which means
> that for each message, I open and close a new connection. I am
> getting 2 random exceptions on Linux in the
> "proton::handler::on_transport_error" method:
>
> amqp:connection:framing-error: AMQP header mismatch: Insufficient
> data to determine protocol [''] (connection aborted).

This seems to be caused because the other side just closed the
connection without sending anything at all.

At least that is how the proton engine is seeing it - it could be that
something else in the io path is messed up, but I don't know much about
the code you seem to be using as it's not in the current versions of
the API implementation (0.14.0 is about to be released).

I notice there is no authentication set up here, maybe the other end is
requiring it?

> and
> proton:io: connect: Cannot assign requested address.

I'm not sure, but I think this is likely just a consequence of the
previous error.

It would be useful to see what the other side of the connection sees/is
doing.

Andrew