qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Donner <jdon...@morphodetection.com>
Subject Use of qpid-config with SSL
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 23:52:36 GMT
Hi -

  I get qpid-config connecting to the qpidd broker (on Linux), but it asks for a password
each time. Since there are a lot of queues and exchanges is there a way not to enter it manually?
I don't see any way to use a response file.

Also, I think I'm  making clients connect via SSL, but not be authenticated themselves (as
a first step), so why is qpidd or qpid-config asking for a password?

$ cat /space/play/ssl.qpidd.conf
ssl-cert-db=/space/play/ssl_certs
ssl-cert-name=test_server
ssl-cert-password-file=/space/play/ssl_certs/tserverpw
ssl-use-export-policy=yes
ssl-require-client-authentication=no
auth=no

$ qpidd --conf /space/play/ssl.qpidd.conf

$

$ qpid-config --ssl-certificate=/space/play/ssl_certs/tserver-certificate.pem --ssl-key=/space/play/ssl_certs/tserver-private-key.pem
-a amqps://localhost:5671 add queue queue1.q
Enter PEM pass phrase: ('tserverpw' works)

The cert and key are from the Proton cpp examples and seem fine, and I believe I've turned
/space/play/ssl_certs into a proper db with certutil.

Thanks,
Jeff