qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Qpid Java Broker] Cannot bind fanout exchange to a queue without specify a binding key
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 15:43:42 GMT
Hi Adel

Yes, this is a defect in the Web Management Console (the UI).  The UI
should not be demanding a binding key in this case.  For the fanout
exchange, the binding is simply one between exchange and queue.
Actually, underneath the binding key field is used to name the Binding
entity that links the Queue and Exchange.  It is not actually used to
determine routing at all for this exchange type.  You can enter
whatever you like, providing it is unique to the scope of the queue
and exchange.

Please raise a JIRA.  Bindings are scheduled to get some work soon
(probably 6.2).

Kind regards, Keith.

On 30 June 2016 at 09:55, Adel Boutros <adelboutros@live.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the definition of the fanout exchange[1], it is mentioned "The fanout exchange type
routes messages to all queues bound to the exchange, regardless of the message's routing key".
However, using the web management console, when I create a fanout exchange, it forces me to
set a binding key.