qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid-proton 0.12.2 connection_engine and ssl
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:49:01 GMT
On Wed, 2016-07-20 at 01:49 -0700, Tobias Duckworth wrote:
> Thanks for the hint guys.
>
> This was indeed the problem.
>
> I was able to solve it by simply calling
> connection().host(<HostName>) in
> the on_start() function.
>
> One or two other things did not behave quite how I was expecting, for
> example in the on_message() function I was dumping out the body of
> the
> message as a string, and this was causing a decode:no_more_data
> problem,
> which terminated my program. This doesn't happen in the reactor
> build, so
> not sure what's going on there.
>
> Anyway, the good news is that I am now able to authenticate with
> Azure and
> send messages back and forth to an IoTHub device.
>
> So it's all working now.
> Many thanks for your help,
> Toby

Thanks for persevering, I've made a note to address/test this in doc,
examples etc. for using SSL. If you have a chance to look at the 0.13
connection engine interface I'd like to know your thoughts. The
socket_engine is gone in 0.13 but I may bring it back if the raw
connection_engine is too much work for projects like yours.