qpid-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Duckworth <tob...@duckworth.uk.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: qpid proton integration with other event loops (i.e QT and ACE)
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 16:42:59 GMT
Hi,

I am also new to qpid-proton and needed to achieve a similar thing to you.

I found the most recent releases 0.14 snapshot and 0.13.0 weren't very easy
to interface with for the purposes you describe.

I ended up using 0.12.2, which has a socket_engine
(proton-c/bindings/cpp/include/proton/io.hpp).
With this you can either get the socket engine to connect to your URL, or
you can just provide the socket descriptor as a constructor parameter.
Then you can 'drive' the engine either by calling the run() function on a
thread (which isn't very useful for integrating into your own io framework),
or by implementing the proton::handler interface in such a way that it is
executed on the thread you wish to do the work on.

It all works very nicely once you get it right, apart from I can't get any
of the security layers to work at present, so no ssl or sasl yet.

Good luck,
Toby