qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Service Bus: unreceived messages stay locked (peek-and-lock)
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 16:42:15 GMT
On 06/07/16 17:14, Dale Green wrote:
> I have an update on this issue.
>
> According to Microsoft, state=Released is supported and now I can confirm
> that this is true. If the message is released during the lifetime of the
> consumer (before Detach), the same message is immediately unlocked and is
> available for the same consumer or others depending on the credit.
>
> However, what happens with Qpid JMS is that messageConsumer.close() first
> sends a Detach frame and after that the Disposition frames if any. Is this
> correct from protocol point of view, as Service Bus seems to ignore such
> dispositions?

The spec says:

     The disposition performative MAY refer to deliveries on links
     that are no longer attached. As long as the links have not been
     closed or detached with an error then the deliveries are still
     “live” and the updated state MUST be applied.

If the Detach sent by the client has closed=true, then I would think
that the deliveries associated with that link are implicitly ended. If
this is the case, then the client has a bug.

(If the closed flag was false, then I would think it would depend on the
expiry-policy for the link's source).