qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: default SASL mech in JMS examples (was Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.10.0)
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 13:11:29 GMT
On 29/06/16 13:43, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> I did it that way as a way of showing folks how to do authentication
> when creating the connection from the factory.

Which is indeed valuable.

> I personally dislike
> examples using ANONYMOUS, though I can see the appeal that it avoids
> particular credentials, and may be easier out the box for certain
> servers. There are of course also other servers out there that dont do
> ANONYMOUS by default / especially obviously / at all.

Personally I think for servers, having anonymous enabled by default is
safer than having a predefined guest user. However...

> Not sure there is a good answer...

What about (a) mentioning the issue in the README (alongside the fact
that a queue named 'queue; is expected) and (b) taking the username and
password from system properties, env vars or command line args (e.g. see
attached for the helloworld example).

That way the user sees the problem coming, but can also easily supply
the necessary credentials without having to edit the source. (Not that
doing so is arduous, but it makes running things one small step easier).

I admit I'm coming from an atypical pov, which is more in using the
examples to do basic tests between different components.