qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <adelbout...@live.com>
Subject RE: [Proton-c] Random value of idle timeout causing error when below 1000
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 08:19:51 GMT
Hello Gordon,
We are using proton 0.12.0 c++ binding API (proton::handler).
We are connecting to a Qpid Java Broker (6.0.0).
We tried to fix the issue by adding a timeout of a big value but it don't seem to affect the
behavior.
Unfortunately, as this bug is random, I don't have a reproducer. It suffises to have a producer
and consumer and trying to connect many times until this error occurs.If you want, I can try
to have a program which will loop indefinitely with a consumer and a producer connecting until
I have the error and I can share that code with you.
This is the code where we set the timeout to 5000 for example:
proton::connection conn = e.container().connect(url, proton::connection_options().idle_timeout(timeout));conn.open_receiver(url.path());
Regards,Adel

> Subject: Re: [Proton-c] Random value of idle timeout causing error when below 1000
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> From: gsim@redhat.com
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:55:08 +0100
>
> On 25/05/16 09:25, Adel Boutros wrote:
> > Hello,
> >  From time to time, we have this annoying random bug when using proton-c client:
> > Error: amqp:connection:forced: Requested idle timeout of 776 is too low. The minimum
supported timeout is1000.
> > The value of the timeout is random: sometimes it is as low as "2" and sometimes
as high as "998". Re-launching the test makes it pass.