qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default queues durable or not
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 19:28:44 GMT
A "durable" object in the Java Broker is one which has its configuration
persisted to a durable configuration store.  When created through the REST
API, objects where the durability is not explicitly provided will default
to durable=true.  Note that a queue being durable is a necessary but not
sufficient condition for messages enqueued on that queue to survive broker
restart - for message enqueues to survive restart the messages must be sent
as persistent, or the queue must be configured to have the
"messageDurability" set to "ALWAYS".

Hope this helps,
Rob