qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID::messaging AMQP version support
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 17:28:37 GMT
On 12/05/16 18:11, Justin James wrote:
> Does qpid::messaging c++ client support AMQP 1.0?

Yes, however it uses qpid proton for the 1.0 support underneath,
therefore when building qpid-cpp you need to have proton installed (and
found).

> According to this page it appears that it should.
>

> http://qpid.apache.org/components/messaging-api/index.html
>

> I downloaded qpid-cpp-0.34 and tried the hello_world program but got the following error:
>

> error Caught exception in state: 3 with event: 3: framing-error: Framing version unsupported
(/home/jjames/qpid-cpp-0.34/src/qpid/framing/AMQFrame.cpp:93)
> No suitable protocol version supported by peer, tried amqp0-10
>
> I am connecting to Apache ActiveMQ which I believe only supports AMQP 1.0.
>

> I have tried QPID Proton and it does work but it seems that every time I want to send
a message I have to open and close a new connection since run() doesn't return until the the
connection is closed.