qpid-users mailing list archives

From Steve Huston <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: Default queues durable or not
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 14:40:35 GMT
You're confusing two concepts... store-and-forward is something any AMQP broker will do. Persisting
a message across broker restarts is a feature that needs to be enabled by both the broker
and the client. "Durable" is the latter.

Qpid brokers don't do durable messages by default but it is certainly easy to turn it on -
the default is not a reason to switch brokers, and the client sending the message needs to
specify its durability anyway.

-Steve